Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding email recipients to a distribution.

Currently I am trying to work on running a .qvw and have the results published to a email group as a PDF. We have installed the PDF add-on, and have publisher as well.

I go into the Source documents section, select the document, and on the Distribute I click Add for the email section. The window opens (pic 1) and quickly changes to a different window (pic 2).

I can only search on groups/users that are local to the QV server. The only scopes available are None and the local server, not the domain the server part of, and that the Directory Service Connector is configured to use.

Are we stuck using only local groups to manage email lists, or is there something I am missing?

pic 1:

error loading image

pic 2:

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The problem has been resolved. It seems that although the Directory Service Connector service is setup to login to the domain with the appropriate user and password and could do so successfully, it did not guarantee that the username and password specified within the AD connector configuration section of the QEMC would be typed correctly. I had the customers tech retype the password and the connector started working correctly.

All because they fat fingered the password.

Thanks anyway for all the help you gave me Vlad, I really do appreciate it.

View solution in original post

34 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Check your DirectoryResource.xml file, located in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR folder. Make sure all the entries are correct and the domain entry is present. Also try restarting the QlikView Directory Service Connector service.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

thanks, I will take a look at that.

Not applicable
Author

I need to understand how to set this up also. We are using local Windows users on the QlikView Server machine. I don't know how to associate or add email addresses for them via these dialogs. Is there not a way to add an arbitrary email address here?

Not applicable
Author

This location doesn't exist on the system. Is that for v8 instead of v9?

Not applicable
Author

a_roche -

On my server (Win 2003), the location is here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR

I am using Publisher 9.0 SR2. There is no Publisher documentation for 9.0 yet, only for 8.5. Many of the features of Publisher 8.5 have been folded into Server 9.0, so the old documentation isn't very helpful.

I still can't figure out how to add email recipients when I am using local Windows users.

Gary

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Gary,

Thanks for pointing out the location of the folder on Windows 2003. Regarding your question about how to add arbitrary email addresses to a distribution: if you are using local Windows users, you should still be able to set up email addresses for them in Computer Management. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to type in arbitrary email addresses for distribution--most likely because QlikView is intended as an enterprise solution. However, a workaround for this is to create a custom directory and populate it with users having the arbitrary email addresses you require. That custom directory would then show up as one option under Default Scope.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

gstradercenterstance -

thanks, that was the new location.

My entries read as follows:

ServerAddress="LDAP://<root>.local" DSProviderType="ad"
ServerAddress="LDAP://<subdomain>.<root>.local" DSProviderType="ad"
ServerAddress="local://<machine name>" DSProviderType="local"

I presume this is correct for the domain and the server.

Not sure how you create a local custom directory of the email addresses, do you have any info on that procedure, Vlad?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to associate email addresses to local Windows users. Regarding the custom directory, I do see where to create a custom directory service, but it does not allow me to add any users for some reason. When I add a new user to the list, click add, and then click apply, it takes me back to an empty users list. No errors, no messages, just empty. I may be sending a note to QlikView Support soon.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

My comment about creating a custom directory was more relevant to Gary's situation than yours--with a domain this really doesn't make much sense unless you want to use DMS authentication.

Interesting, your entries don't contain a DSUsername & DSPassword field, or you just didn't post them? Try (1) stopping your Directory Service Connector Service, Management Service, and Publisher Command Center Service; (2) edit the LDAP entries in the file to be in Distinguished format (e.g. LDAP://DC=subdomain,DC=domain,DC=com); and (3) restarting the services.

Let me know if this works.