Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pritishnayak4
Contributor
Contributor

Adding new QDS service in existing Qlikview enviornment

Hi,

Can anyone help me with document or tell me how to add new distribution service in existing environment?

Regards,

Pritish

6 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

I believe this should help?

How to setup Qlikview Distribution Service Cluster for QlikView (kb 000014752)

The requirements are to have a license that support Distribution Service clustering, and the availability of shares for your Application Data folder and the Source Documents.

If you need more information, our knowledge base should have you covered for most.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
hindujavishal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is Clustering the only option to add additional Distribution Service? Is single QMC, Non-clustered 2 Publishers not possible or not recommended Architecture?

Please suggest.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

That is possible as well of course. In this case, they would not be sharing Application Data Folders and Source Documents.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
hindujavishal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Sonja,

Thanks for responding. 

Yes, even I thought so. This non-clustered Architecture would be better fit for our use case.

However, on trying to add the additional Distribution service to the central QMC on setup tab, it gives an error that you only have 1 publisher license. We do have an additional publisher license however would not be able to add that in licenses tab until maybe this setup of additional distribution service I think. Any pointers towards steps to setup/add additional distribution service (and applying license) to existing QMC, would be great to have. Thanks in advance.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello again!

I wrote one up for you. Smiley Very Happy QlikView: How to add another Distribution Service to the system (any feedback is greatly appreciated).

Though in short:  You will need a Publisher license that allows multiple Distribution Services. The LEF tag of NUMBER_OF_XS;NUMBER;; is not meant for clustering only, but for the amount of Distribution Services this license is able to allow in this particular QlikView environment.

If you have a second Publisher license, you may be able to speak to your account team to have them merged?

hindujavishal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you Sonja for your guidance.

It was very much useful and we got the licenses merged through Qlik and we are able to add the new distribution service.

However, now we are facing an error as below while trying to test a job run. Though the reload happens, its getting stuck at the point of distribution and giving below error.

(2018-12-20 11:16:22) Error: QVS does not have upload enabled. QVS=qvp://XXXXXXXXXXX/

(2018-12-20 11:16:22) Error: Could not connect. QVS=qvp://XXXXXXXXX-XX/

(2018-12-20 11:16:22) Error: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 5

Any quick pointers or suggestions would be great.

Note that we found there is a certificate missing on the new publisher and due to that IE was not able to do SSO and asking for credentials. Could this be possibly creating problems?