Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Again document security and excel

Hi,

I have a report with a macro to export all the sheets to excel,  I've set the macro security to "Access to system" and now i want all the clients to have the fully granted access to system for that report.

I'm experiencing the following problem : Everytime i open the report on a certain machine, it loads the default value of "safe macros" without prompting anything and thus the export for that report fails. If i use the shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + M and change it to "Allow any macro" it changes only for the current session of the browser, but the next time i open the report in a new browser instance it gets the previous (wrong) default value.

I can't figure out where that setting is stored and i can't find a way to set it always on the correct value of "Allow any macros".

I tried this article already (on the server and on the client) :

http://www.qlikblog.at/523/qliktip-19-suppressing-macrosecurity-module-security-dialog-qlikviewserve...

but it doesn't work for me, my server version is 10.

Any help on this is really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Claudio

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I reply with late, we managed to reset the security settings on the single client by removing this section :

[Settings for QlikView Servers]

from the Settings.ini file inside the local directory C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView.

Hope this helps.

Claudio

View solution in original post

1 Reply
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I reply with late, we managed to reset the security settings on the single client by removing this section :

[Settings for QlikView Servers]

from the Settings.ini file inside the local directory C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView.

Hope this helps.

Claudio