Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ajax Client visual problem

Dear All,

When we were on SR 1, it was possible to show a selection field in the following way:

Now we did a upgrade to SR3 and shows in the following way in the Ajax Zero Footprint client:

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

8 Replies
beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Here are the pictures:

before.jpg

After:

after.jpg

Not applicable

Hi Frank,

Did you make sure the option Single column is unchecked in Properties / Presentation tab of your list box?

Is the issue only with ajax client?

beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Hoekstra (dutch?)

Yes, I am sure. In the desktop version everything is fine, but when I open the file with the Ajax client the problem occurs.

Frank

Not applicable

Well then I don't know, never had this issue... sounds like a bug.

Did you try if you have the same issue with WebView in the fat client?

My name is Dutch but I'm french. I guess nobody's perfect

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

ajax client is only benifial for iphone,ipod,mobiles

where as IE plugin gives you better result on laptop or pc  over the web

so i suggest you to insstall IE Plugin on your system.

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

This issue also occured for me. We fixed it by clearing out the internet browser cache (on each browser affected) then closing it and trying again. Be sure to remove all cached data and cookies for all time. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

I agree that the IE plugin is great for consistent rendering, but there are many reason why AJAX is better. Most importantly it is browser agnostic and faster - not to mention client-less. The mobile aspect is a small reason to use AJAX and even with its quirks it is by far better than the performance of the plugin.

Screenshot fo IE9 cache clearing settings:

IE9 cache.jpg

Chrome cache clearing settings:

Chrome cache.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

...but several functions in QV 11 are not supported with IE-Plugin and can only used by ajax client?!

beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi M Riedl,

I followed your steps by the letter, but it did not solve my problem. I am using IE8 by the way.

Regards,

Frank