Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allocated memory exceeded - only affects one user

Hi

We are running QlikView Server 8.5. One user is getting an "Allocated memory exceeded" error on a chart. The chart has some nested if statements in it but there is not a huge volume of data. All other users can view the chart without any problems. It is not machine specific - she gets the same error when accessing from a different machine. Also, if a different user logs into her machine, then they don't get the error.

I'm not sure where to look to resolve this problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin Long

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there Section Access with data reduction? It may happen if a user doesn't have access to any data.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response Michael. In this case there is not any data reduction taking place. This is a very strange problem and has me baffled.

Cheers, Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm really curious what's is going on... Tongue Tied
Thought of some security, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Try to get help from QT support - and post their response here please...

Not applicable
Author

Just to let you know how this was resolved. I did two things - I'm not sure which one worked. Deleted the .Shared file associated with the template. Deleted the user CAL from QlikView server. The next day when the user logged in she was able to successfully view the object.

Cheers, Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kevin
(Doesn't make much sense for me, but whatever works...)