Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiringel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Are there compatibility issues when upgrading QlikView Server 11.20 SR15 to SR19 ?

Hi, 

Should there be any issue with my applications or triggering/distributions/licensing or anything else when upgrading from SR15 to SR19 on QlikView Server 11.20?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello!

None that we are aware of.  The only one I can think of was a CAL assignment loss issue between earlier versions of 11.20, but that was resolved with 11.20 SR 14, so you are good. CAL quarantine has also changed from 24 hrs to 7 days, but that was (if I remember right) change prior to SR 15 anyway.

Though as with any upgrade (even within major versions), we recommend having a test environment to run the upgrade on first. For details, check kb 000002657. While written for 11.20 to 12.x, the same steps apply, though features remain largely the same. 

Edit: Almost forgot to mention that the only thing you really need to be aware of is whether or not your license agreement (maintenance date in the license) is up to date.  

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello!

None that we are aware of.  The only one I can think of was a CAL assignment loss issue between earlier versions of 11.20, but that was resolved with 11.20 SR 14, so you are good. CAL quarantine has also changed from 24 hrs to 7 days, but that was (if I remember right) change prior to SR 15 anyway.

Though as with any upgrade (even within major versions), we recommend having a test environment to run the upgrade on first. For details, check kb 000002657. While written for 11.20 to 12.x, the same steps apply, though features remain largely the same. 

Edit: Almost forgot to mention that the only thing you really need to be aware of is whether or not your license agreement (maintenance date in the license) is up to date.  

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
hiringel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer!
How do I check whether or not our license agreement (maintenance date in the license) is up to date?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

You'll be able to check that by looking at the LEF you have active on the server.

That's in the license tab where you licensed the server originally. The LEF will have a PRODUCTLEVEL tag, such as 2011-01-01. And that date needs to be at least above the date of when SR 19 was released for it to work on that version, and of course up to date for it to be covered by support.

If it doesn't, but you are certain that you paid the maintenance (I cannot help you with how to find out about that, you should check with whoever keeps your licenses updated), hitting "Update LEF" should pull in an updated LEF with the correct data.