Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

Attribute Dropdown in AccessPoint

Hi,

I've just been experimenting with setting Attributes on published QlikView Documents.

The attribute I added shows up when I 'View Details' as expected. I can also search for the attribute.

However, when I try and select the attribute from the drop-down selection box, it does not do anything i.e. it does not filter the list of applications in the same was as selecting a document category does.

AccessPoint Attribute Dropdown.PNG

This behaviour feels a bit 'buggy' - otherwise what is the point of the dropdown box -  but I've searched the support pages and haven't found  anything.

Has anybody else experienced this?

The build we're using: QV12-30-SR2/9 (November 2018)

Many thanks,

Azam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.

I should have checked this earlier, but it appears to be a browser-related issue. I am using Firefox 78.8.0esr (64-bit), but have just tried it in Google Chrome Version 90.0.4430.85 (64-bit) and it works as expected.

Attribute dropdown workingAttribute dropdown working

Best wishes,

Azam

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @a_mullick

I created 3 new Attributes for 3 separate QVWs I had reload/distribution tasks previously configured for in QMC > Documents > Source Documents > .QVW > Task > Document Information tab. I then ran the reload/distribution tasks and opened AccessPoint.  

Attributes test.png

So all 3 of the newly created attributes are listed in the Attributes drop-down menu.  I'm running QlikView April 2020 SR4, so doesn't seem to be a bug as it wasn't reproducible.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Chip.

Can you just confirm the action when you select one of the attributes please? I also see the attribute I created in the drop-down, but my issue is when I select it nothing happens.

Best wishes,

Azam

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @a_mullick,

Yes, clicking the drop-down attribute works for me and displays the expected QVW when I click it.

Best Regards

a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.

I should have checked this earlier, but it appears to be a browser-related issue. I am using Firefox 78.8.0esr (64-bit), but have just tried it in Google Chrome Version 90.0.4430.85 (64-bit) and it works as expected.

Attribute dropdown workingAttribute dropdown working

Best wishes,

Azam

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Ah, glad to hear Chrome is working for you.  FYI, the QV version 12.30 (November 2018) sunsets for support end of this month - Qlik Sense, QlikView, and NPrinting End of Support Date 

Best Regards