Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikb
Contributor II
Contributor II

Bad performance after migrating QVS

Hello qlik friends,

I did migration of QVS 11.2 to april2020 SR2 at the end of december 2020. From this time I have problem with performance of one of my reload task. It took about one and half of hour before migration and now it take about two and half of hour.

Server was migrating from windows server 2013 to windows server 2019. it's on virtual environment  64GB RAM, 2 x quad core 2GHz.

Has anyone encountered a similar post-migration performance issue?

thank you in advance for your help and time

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @erikb,

Generally speaking there were many changes made to QV in between the 11.20 version to the 12.50 version.  For example, QVD structure was changed from row based to column based, so this could effect reload performance.  See article QlikView 11 and 12: Performance difference when reloading QVDs due to column based and row based for... for more details.  Also, larger apps reload performance maybe effected as well.  See article Large applications are taking time to open after QlikView 12 upgrade  for further reference.

Suggest that you compare a reload task log from the previous version to a reload task log from the current version to see exactly where in the process things are slower.  Could be connection driver related, etc.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @erikb,

Generally speaking there were many changes made to QV in between the 11.20 version to the 12.50 version.  For example, QVD structure was changed from row based to column based, so this could effect reload performance.  See article QlikView 11 and 12: Performance difference when reloading QVDs due to column based and row based for... for more details.  Also, larger apps reload performance maybe effected as well.  See article Large applications are taking time to open after QlikView 12 upgrade  for further reference.

Suggest that you compare a reload task log from the previous version to a reload task log from the current version to see exactly where in the process things are slower.  Could be connection driver related, etc.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
erikb
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the links to the articles. Thanks also for the advice on comparing protocols. That would be best, but I don't have the protocols from the old version. Thank you so much anyway.