Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterR
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Bug in x-axis legend show setting access point?

Hello,

I have made a bar-chart for benchmarking purposes. The bar-chart can be displayed over 3 separate dimensions. Based on a vBenchmarkSubject variable only one of three dimensions will be shown through conditional show.

for 2 of the 3 dimension i want to show axis labels (because these are dimensions with a limited number of values). And for the third (large) dimension I turned of the show axis labels option.

In qlikview desktop this works fine but in accespoint the settings of the first ordered dimension seem to be used for all the dimensions:

So below the first dimension which correctly shows the x axis labels:
1.PNG

And then the third dimension which should not show axis label but nevertheless does.

2.PNG

Am i correct in assuming this is a bug. And is there a fix without having to duplicate the object for the third dimension separatly?

Best regards,
Peter

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Peter, would probably be most helpful if you can attach a sample QVW that shows the issue, as I cannot really tell the details of exactly what you are doing and how, but I suspect that is where the issue may lie on this one, as depending upon how you are trying to modify the chart options may be the problem as Ajax is not capable of doing some actions and macros have to run on the server-side, many of which will not in that case work properly.  If you can provide a sample or some further details on how you are doing things, or you can check the following Help link, as that may help too:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/UsingMacrosonQV...

About the best I have for the moment, as I think you have to be using a macro with an API call to change the properties on things, the only other thing that might be going on if things are within the realm of what should work, would be a timing issue of some sort in which case you may want to have a look at the WaitForIdle API, as that might help in that case.  Sorry I do not have something better.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.