Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can anyone please tell me why does Qlikview use IE only for browser based access?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can anyone please tell me why Qlikview uese IE only for browser based access? How difficult is it to configure to use Firefox or any web based browser?

Many thanks in advance for your help on this

Sean

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sean,

QlikView supports all other major browsers in addition to IE. We have a specific Internet Explorer Plugin (due to our product being built on MS technologies), but all other browsers can view QlikView documents through our AJAX-based Zero Footprint Client, or Java Client (for versions 9.0 and lower). To see this in action, visit http://demo.qlik.com/ from Firefox, Chrome, etc., select "View using AJAX" for any of the demos, and you will see QlikView in action.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Qlikview

I was trying to view an application hosted on Amazon Cloud at work.

I downloaded the i3 plug-in but the performance was slow. And at different times I got loads of tunnelling; it said 'failed to connect to server' and crashed a couple of times.

On Ajax it was ok but the functionality like exporting to Excel didn't work in that client

Has this happened before with Qlikview deployment?

Thanks Sean

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

goodie25 wrote:I downloaded the i3 plug-in but the performance was slow. And at different times I got loads of tunnelling; it said 'failed to connect to server' and crashed a couple of times.

Most likely the person setting up the Qlikview Server in Amazon Cloud forgot to open TCP port 4747 for inbound traffic. This will make the IE plugin to start tunneling using the http protocol with significant performance penalty.

goodie25 wrote:On Ajax it was ok but the functionality like exporting to Excel didn't work in that client

Again I guess this is a configuration issue. The AJAX client is supporting export to Excel. Do you receive any errors when trying to export?

Regards,
Bjorn

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bjorn,

Thank you very much for your answer - thats great!

Does qlikview provide the detailed information/case-studies required to see how different clients will perform if I access Qlikvew based data on my browser though my LAN - but the data is being beamed from an enterprise server in another independent organisation??

Thanks

Goodie25

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

goodie25 wrote:
Hi Bjorn,
Thank you very much for your answer - thats great!
Does qlikview provide the detailed information/case-studies required to see how different clients will perform if I access Qlikvew based data on my browser though my LAN - but the data is being beamed from an enterprise server in another independent organisation??

I'm not sure about case-studies so I suggest you bring up the question with your sales representative to see if any official documents exists on the topic (if not they might be in the pipe-line).

Regards,
Bjorn

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much Bjorn for your answers

Just one final question if i may? I would like to be able to download and print off version 10 "quick user guide", "getting started guides etc and i cant seem to locate these on your site? Can you please send me a url? Many thanks once again

Sean