Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Can't add cals despite having more to allocate

We have 100 cals available. 96 are allocated to one file and 2 to another file for a total of 98. However when we try to add two (2) more to the file with 96 I get the following error message:

"Too many document cals allocated"

I can't figure out why I can't add two more. I went into my recycle bin and restored files to see if any had 2 cals allocated to them but this was not the case.

Any help?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's right.

If you lost two Document CALs because you deleted the document to which they were assigned, you can reclaim them by simply creating a dummy document with the exact same name. The Document CALs are still (invisibly) assigned to this non-existent document, and by creating a dummy document, the QMC user interface will restore access to the CAL assignments.

Unassign the Document CALs and delete the dummy document, and everything should be fine.

And just to be sure, does the Document CAL tab for the document to which you want to assign these extra CALs specify a string like this in the overview: "Document CALs not allocated on server: 0"?

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Steve,

Try the steps suggested in this thread - your CALs are likely assigned to a file that no longer exists.

Missing Document cals?

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if I put the original file (that was deleted) back - will  the 2 cals still be allocated to it...then I can remove them?

Steve

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's right.

If you lost two Document CALs because you deleted the document to which they were assigned, you can reclaim them by simply creating a dummy document with the exact same name. The Document CALs are still (invisibly) assigned to this non-existent document, and by creating a dummy document, the QMC user interface will restore access to the CAL assignments.

Unassign the Document CALs and delete the dummy document, and everything should be fine.

And just to be sure, does the Document CAL tab for the document to which you want to assign these extra CALs specify a string like this in the overview: "Document CALs not allocated on server: 0"?

Best,

Peter

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

THanks

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks.