Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you create a Change Request form with QV?

I manage a team that supports a large Qlik base and are looking for a template for our users to submit enhancement requests / change requests.   is there a form that exists for this or how to create one?   any guidance is appreciated.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK there don't exists such response-forms.

As an alternatively you could use an extension which writes these responses into a database. Here an example what is meant: SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object. whereby there are various commercial tools available which provide similar functionalities.

Another way might be to use the inbuilt comment-feature (in AJAX client right click on an object) which content is stored within the shared-files and which could be read with the shared-file viewer from the Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView.

I think both of them won't be easy to implement. If there isn't an existing request-process within the company for all the other IT topics (if yes I would just put a link to them in each qvw) I would go with the extension-approach because this kind of logic might be useful in a variety of other use-cases.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus. Just exploring. We’ll go a different route and will also consider the link to a form in each QVD. That is a good suggestion.