Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neutrofl
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Categories and Attributes on different server

Hi Community!

I have a question regarding document information from published files. Basically I have two windows servers, each running a QV Server and Publisher. An app gets reloaded on server 1 and is then distributed to a folder on server 2 on which it is then finally published from a mounted folder (no extra distribution task on server 2) on the AP on server 2. 

neutrofl_0-1633552577361.png

Although the apps are categorized and have attributes on server 1, this information is not transported to server 2.

neutrofl_2-1633552722076.png

<Information on Server 1>

The category on the access point for these apps is always 'Default' with attribute 'All'.

neutrofl_1-1633552674174.png

<Information on Server 2>

Any idea on how to categorize those apps on my second server? Am I missing a very basic or common point here?

Thanks!!

BR

Chris

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@neutrofl 

Just to make sure, you are talking about separate servers in the same QMC, Not clustered services?

I did not mean to mark this as a Solution!

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @neutrofl,

Categories assigned to a .QVW file in Publisher are stored in the .meta file.  .Meta file creation is only performed when a server distribution is run and not performed when a folder distribution is run.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@neutrofl 

Just to make sure, you are talking about separate servers in the same QMC, Not clustered services?

I did not mean to mark this as a Solution!

neutrofl
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Yeah we're definitely taking about two different servers, each running its own qv server and publisher, as described. Not a cluster.

Hopefully someone will still reply, now that it's marked as answered 🙂 but thank you for getting back to me.

Br

Chris

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@neutrofl  

I found this thread about similar issue

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/Publishing-categories-to-Access-Point/td-p/553...

I also did some testing myself and also came to the conclution that the categories are not set when you publish to folder. 

neutrofl
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much for your research and testing.

This is what I was afraid of. A colleague came up with the idea to publish the files to a folder on another server, then create a distribute task on said server for these files including meta information. This would somehow thwart the speed and simplicity of distributing to a folder.

Again, thank you for the effort!

BR

Chris

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @neutrofl,

Categories assigned to a .QVW file in Publisher are stored in the .meta file.  .Meta file creation is only performed when a server distribution is run and not performed when a folder distribution is run.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!