Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cautions points to upgrade version 9 to version 11

Hi all,

The support for version 9 of QlikView will be ended soon (2012 Oct 31).

When planning to upgrade version 9 to version 11, what are the main caution points?

Regards,

Kaung

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When upgrading QV ver 9 to ver 10 or ver 11,the main caution is that the current Server License has to be updated. So one has to contact to QlikView suppot to get the updated LEF.

Regards,

Kaung

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When upgrading QV ver 9 to ver 10 or ver 11,the main caution is that the current Server License has to be updated. So one has to contact to QlikView suppot to get the updated LEF.

Regards,

Kaung

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

To update Kaung answer, if you look at the below you see the date 09-01-2010. This means I cannot license in new version after that date. So, any releases before 09-01-2010 I could run, but version 11 I could not.

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2010-09-01

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If are also talking about your applications, I would also be careful with macros, inputfields ( changed a lot from version 9 to version 10) and I also heard that some set analysis syntax from version 8 that was supported up to version 9 (or 10) will not be supported in version 11

Regards,

Erich