cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gareth_muir
Contributor II
Contributor II

Clearing out the reload server/ tidying files up

Hi - I'm trying to make qlik as usable as possible for people for my workplace but the amount of junk I have to deal with is really starting to build up, from the tasks on the reload server to a load of META/ TSHARED files in the file explorer.

Does anyone have any ways of cleaning these up? thanks, Gareth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @gareth_muir,

What is the full build version of QlikView Server (i.e. 12.30.20300)?

You definitely don't want to remove the .TShared/.Meta files, as those are vital to the end user experience. See article "What is a Shared/TShared file?" for details on the TShared files; and article "Meta files - General information" for details on the Meta files. Article "What is stored in which QlikView files?" has details on these files as well as .QVW and .PGO files in case you need more information.

You can configure Publisher to retain a specific amount of days of reload/distribution tasks; among other values. See article "QlikView Management Service Publisher Related Configuration Settings for Best Practices and potentia..." for more details.

Do you utilize the QlikView Governance Dashboard? A popular strategy is to use the QVGD and archive the logs once they have been incorporated in. The QVGD used an incremental update to QVDs and then loads from these QVDs, so once the data has been incorporated into the QVGD, it is safe to archive the QVS/QDS logs.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @gareth_muir,

What is the full build version of QlikView Server (i.e. 12.30.20300)?

You definitely don't want to remove the .TShared/.Meta files, as those are vital to the end user experience. See article "What is a Shared/TShared file?" for details on the TShared files; and article "Meta files - General information" for details on the Meta files. Article "What is stored in which QlikView files?" has details on these files as well as .QVW and .PGO files in case you need more information.

You can configure Publisher to retain a specific amount of days of reload/distribution tasks; among other values. See article "QlikView Management Service Publisher Related Configuration Settings for Best Practices and potentia..." for more details.

Do you utilize the QlikView Governance Dashboard? A popular strategy is to use the QVGD and archive the logs once they have been incorporated in. The QVGD used an incremental update to QVDs and then loads from these QVDs, so once the data has been incorporated into the QVGD, it is safe to archive the QVS/QDS logs.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!