Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clustering Issues

Hi,

We recently got a cluster license and after trying to cluster the 2 server we are experiencing inconsistency.

The setup:

- 2 Servers (for the sake of server names lets call server 1 as server A and server 2 as server B)

- Each server running all the default QV services

- We have put a VIP (Vitual IP with Stickeness) on top of the 2 server in round robin mode so that the load on the web app is distributed equally

- The QVD files are located on server A and are shared with a UNC path (\\ servername\C$\path....). Both servers are pointing to a shared drive

- 64bit server on windows 2008

Issues we are facing:

- Server A where we have put in the cluster license first sees both servers and it appears that the cluster is setup correectly

- Server B does not see server A. It appears that its pointing to local host even though the cluster license has been put in and all the clustering steps are followed

- Server A shows the cluster name and Server B shows local host under cluster section as well as access point server connections

- I have tried to use the QvsStatus tool from server A and see clustering for both server up and running however when going fro B server, I only see localhost

31 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the replies. I just ordered the book.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

We are currently having one QV server and hosted around 100+ dashboard. Now we are adding one more server and making our environment clustered. We are having the required licences.

When we move to the clustering environment,
should we un-install the existing QV server and install pointing to the SAN storage?
How to retain the .pgo files and QVPR from the existing server.
Should we setup QMC in both the servers ?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Sijo