Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Clustering

Hi,

I am using 2 machines for clustering

I have installed all services on machine A and only Qlikview server service on machine B

I am unable to add secondary server URL of machine B on Primary machine A in QMC under option System->Set up-Qlikview Server. The green plus icon (+) is not enabled in QMC to add the secondary server details 

I am following the method mentioned in the attached document.   I am unable to do step 6 mentioned in section 4.3.3

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The fact you have no 'Add' button would be an indicator the applied QVServer license does NOT allow more than a single node in the License...  Please check the License Enabler File (LEF) information in the QMC\System\Licenses\QlikView Server\Server License tab and the LEF contents section to be sure you see the following 'feature' there:

NUMBER_OF_CLUSTER_NODES;x;;

x should be at least 2 or higher in your case to allow the extra node(s)...  If the feature is not present, that indicates the license is for a single node installation and things would be working as expected in this case...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.