cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stellan_Ronnkvist
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Configuration of the Governance Dashboard 2.0.1

I need help with configuration of the Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 (GD)

Reference webpage: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/2.0/Content/Getting-Started-with-the-Governance-Das...

6.Enter the Profile Directory path for the location where the output QVDs are to be stored.
If you leave Profile Directory blank, the QVDs are stored in the same folder as the Governance Dashboard.qvw.
Q: These QVD files are generated by GD, correct?

7.Enter the QVW and QVD files to scan in the List of File Paths to Scan field.
Separate multiple file paths with vertical pipes (|).
Q: If I have multiple paths can I write the path for the top folder and GD will search each subfolder for QVW and QVD files or do I need to write each single path?

12 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi Leo.

It's not finding any QVW or QVD metadata.

Can you do one of the following?

• Change the "List of File Paths to scan" to point to a file folder (usually a file share) where there are QVWs and/or QVDs
  • Or, clear the "List of File Paths to scan" and reload. This would mean you are not scanning any QlikView documents (apps or QVDs) to capture their metadata.

Let us know how it goes.

Tyler

Not applicable

Tyler - Thanks a ton.  The second option worked and the QD is now loaded.  Can you help me understand the impact of not having the QD not scan for these files?  Is this critical to the data in the application?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Good to hear.

Clearing the "List of file Paths to Scan" means you won't see any of the data in the right-hand of the App under Applications -like sheets, objects, lineage, fields, complexity.

Whether that is critical depends on what you are hoping to get from the Governance Dashboard.

I tend to think it is important (biased of course!).

Some people will put the file path where either the Acccess Point app are or where the "production" QVWs and QVDs are stored. that way you can see the related metadata for apps that you see in use on the access point.