cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Could not be opened error

Hi everybody,

Before posting the real question, some things has to be taken into account:

- We use QlikviewServer x64 v10.00.9061.7 (10 SR3)
- We connect using the IE plugin tunneled, that is, only the port 80 is opened in the server, it means that port 4747 is closed and always tunnel is checked.
- When we tried to access using AJAX we haven't found any problems.
- We have a license with 4 Named CALs assigned to, let's say user1, user2, user3 and user4.

- Network latency is very good.

And the problem:

The system works properly but sometimes a werid issue comes up in our access to Qlikview documents, happening randomly. When a user tries to open a document this error message appears:

qvp://SERVER;http/1/dashboard.qvw?iis_authenticate=TICKET&tunneler=http%3A//SERVER/scripts/QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3DSERVER_NAME could not be opened.

Note that SERVER, TICKET and SERVER_NAME are not real values.

Then our user cannot access the document. It happens every now and then without a known reason. After some tries or hanging on a little then user can connect without problems.

Looking into plugin logs I could see that when the connection succeeds it logs:

2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\QVDoc.cpp 3904 Trying Http tunneled connection 0
2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2584 Negotiating string: ... [A large XML string]
2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2685 Server negotiation string: ...
2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2685 Server negotiation string: ...
2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2771 Bypassing authentication 0
2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2825 Secure (crypto) packet arrived 0
2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2840 Sending IIS authentication request: "23091560D86FA6C72668387751A8E2FF523BF6ED" 0
2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2865 Iis Authenticate reply packet arrived 0
2011-09-14 15:11:17 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2868 Session established OK 0

Whilst when the connection goes wrong:

2011-09-14 15:00:50 Info Connect .\QVDoc.cpp 3904 Trying Http tunneled connection 0
2011-09-14 15:00:50 Info Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2584 Negotiating string: ... [A large XML string]
2011-09-14 15:00:55 Warning Connect .\ClientServerSupport.cpp 2633 Server did not respond inside timeout: "" 0

There is a situation where the problem is always found and that is when you connect to the document, close the IE window, open a new window and try to open it again, then you find the error,

I don't know what else can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I Had a similar problem but the server running qlickview was V9. I installed V10 on my computer but sometimes had the same error message that you have detailed when I tried to connect to the server across the web using the IE plugin.

I have uninstalled qlickview V10 from my PC and removed and reinstalled the plugin and I no longer have the problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sicillia.

A little late, but did you ever find a solution/explanation on the problem: "...could not be opened"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is Common problem, in general happens due to the below reasons.

You have installed IE plug-in , later if any windows updates happened or QV desktop client installed in your machine this problem arises.

Simple thing is you have to close all your browsers and uninstall IE plug-in and re-install. Better restart and try now.

This should work.

BR,

Chinna

Not applicable
Author

Hi Katiki.

Thanks, but unfortunately this is not the solution

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This qvp://SERVER;http/1/dashboard.qvw?iis_authenticate=TICKET&tunneler=http%3A//SERVER/scripts/QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3DSERVER_NAME could not be opened would tell you a lot, but you have removed the server names. The name most be the same in both places.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ashokamp
Contributor II
Contributor II

Changing the machine name with DNS name in the webserver Config.xml file resolved the issue. Thanks!

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

Hi Bill,

I have one user getting this error in an app.  Server names are the same.  This QVW does have section access and the user is included in the group to access the app.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Craig Leite

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Craig,

If it is one user and the document has section access, I would suspect that there is an issue with Section Access and the users ID.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
cleite2014
Creator
Creator

That was my guess too but it appears to be the same in the inline table from the qvw with just the one additional user added.

Here is the code we have in the app.

Do you see any issue?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, OMITGROUP

ADMIN, admin,

ADMIN, QLIKADMIN,

ADMIN, QLAK,

ADMIN, PSOFT,

USER,larsondoors\COMPUTER DEPT,

USER,larsondoors\KBerndt,

USER,larsondoors\Aaron

USER,larsondoors\BTheo, group1

USER,larsondoors\BOBailey, group1

USER,larsondoors\CBergo, group1

USER,larsondoors\CBerndt,

USER,larsondoors\DJensen, group1

USER,larsondoors\DSimpson, group1

USER,larsondoors\DBell, group1

USER,larsondoors\FPaz, group1

USER,larsondoors\GIsenberg,

USER,larsondoors\JMcCord,

USER,larsondoors\jmarnold, group1

USER,larsondoors\JSletten, group1

USER,larsondoors\KSchuh, group1

USER,larsondoors\LSvobodny, group1

USER,larsondoors\LHemmen, group1

USER,larsondoors\MKondratuk, group1

USER,larsondoors\PCrawford, group1

USER,larsondoors\RMcKeown, group1

USER,larsondoors\kweeks, group1

USER,larsondoors\SKrantz, group1

USER,larsondoors\TBorns, group1

USER,larsondoors\TBunker, group1

USER,larsondoors\Bailts,

USER,larsondoors\MRemund,

USER,larsondoors\tjones,

USER,larsondoors\TBates,

USER,larsondoors\TSwanson, group1,

USER,larsondoors\RKoisti, group1,

USER,larsondoors\BWestley, group1,

USER,larsondoors\DBuchholtz, group1,

USER,larsondoors\CBlackwelder,group1,

USER,larsondoors\NKondratuk, group1,

USER,larsondoors\DEnnevor, group1,

USER,larsondoors\SBusch, group1,

USER,larsondoors\SHegdahl,group1,

USER,larsondoors\StephanieHale,group1

];

LOAD * INLINE [

OMITGROUP, OMIT

group1, "Current Cost"

];

section Application;

Craig Leite, CSCP

Business Analyst II

Larson Manufacturing Company | e cleite@LARSONdoors.com<mailto:cleite@LARSONdoors.com> | p 605-696-6489 | f 605-696-6246

See what’s new at LARSON: www.LARSONdoors.com<http://www.LARSONdoors.com>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.