cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom field in Section Access Management

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply to my previous post i.e.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/165157

I have gone through server management pdf document and Help section of QMC.

I have few queries regarding Section Access Management as-

1. In Help section of QMC, Section Access Management > Manage Section Access Tables > Table Columns > Custom, a custom field
  2. What is this custom field
  3. May be basic question, but it has to present in the data-model
  4. When we import the data from 'Import Data Table' Whether this custom field value should be present.
  5. If I want to reduce the data as per Area field, can I add the Area as a custom field and import the same using 'Import Data Table'
  6. If I want to reduce data according to particular user group, whether this field will be any group name or so..?

Can anyone please assist me on same, as I am new to Section Access and would like it to implement it through QMC and reduce data as per user login.

Thanks & Regards,

MK

13 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Check this out and see if it will help you any.

bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I have already gone through this document. Thanks for same.

I have also check for the Strict Exclusion flag in the Opening Tab of Document Properties.

I also tried with NTNAMe as DOMAIN\NTNAME, but no luck.

one thing which I observers is, field name is area_name, but everywhere the script is written in caps.

Well, I also tried with AREA_NAME, no luck for same.

Please assist.

Regards,

Mrudul

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

One of the (funny) requirements of SA (=Section Access in QlikTech parlance) is that all your field names must be in Capitals. The SA data will be converted to upper case, but if in Section Application you specify link fields in lower case or the data is lower/mixed case, there will be no match.

In Section Application, always name the link field in upper case and specify the field values in that column in upper case as well.

It takes some getting used to, I admit.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter, it works...

Do you have any idea regarding getting getting NT Group name of user in Set analysis.

I have tried with OSUser() function and found that it provides the User doamin name \ user login name details.

What if i would like to to know which user group in active directory it is belonging to.

I want this, we will be hiding few sheets based on user login, but what if there are 500 users.If only one user is added on removed from group, i will need to reload the application.

Please assist

Regards,

MK