Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II

DFS Share Storage use with QlikView 12.3

Dear all,

I am new to community and need your help and suggestions for QV server upgrade from 11.2 to 12.3

We are working on upgrading and migrating Qlikview 11.2 on windows server 2008 to 12.3 on to Windows server 2016.I need quick help in answering below question from our server build team. They are planning to use DFS file share but not with distributed file replicas. As per this article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000004056, DFS is not supported but our server build team says "this is due to the performance overhead that comes with replication between multiple file share servers. In our configuration, however, we have only the single file share and have not enabled any replication".

Could you please provide us suggestion or recommendations if I can still go ahead with DFS  with single file share and no replicas?

Thank you,
Anil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You may use whatever file share type you wish, but if you do use DFS, it will be unsupported as far as Qlik is concerned, you will be on your own in regard to that component, so if Qlik determines any issues to be related to the performance of the DFS share, it would be up to you to sort those out.  Hopefully this helps a little, if the storage team is willing to accept the added responsibility for helping you with things, then you should be in decent shape I would venture.  The key thing is going to be to ensure low latency and fast response times if you are going to be putting the QVS root folder on that share and the QDS App Data files etc.  About the best guidance I can give you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You may use whatever file share type you wish, but if you do use DFS, it will be unsupported as far as Qlik is concerned, you will be on your own in regard to that component, so if Qlik determines any issues to be related to the performance of the DFS share, it would be up to you to sort those out.  Hopefully this helps a little, if the storage team is willing to accept the added responsibility for helping you with things, then you should be in decent shape I would venture.  The key thing is going to be to ensure low latency and fast response times if you are going to be putting the QVS root folder on that share and the QDS App Data files etc.  About the best guidance I can give you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Brett. I have read this article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000026883 and It goes through the Qlikview high availability configurations but does not describe the supported HA options for the Windows File Share. Deploying a single Windows File Server would be a single point of failure. This is main reason why our build team asks for using DFS or NAS NetApp storage. What would you suggest between DFS and NAS NetApp storage?