Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

DSC - oracle directory

Hello,

We use Qlikview as an OEM version.
Users open QV apps from a link in the software. The users accounts are not those of the Enterprise AD but a local Directory managed in the software. Until now, we only use named cals and they are automatically assigned to users when they open an application (SSO from the software - allow dynamic CAL assignment).

We plan to get doc cals as well. The licence assignement whould be manually between doc and name cals.
The problem is I don't kown how can I reference the local dictionnare of the software (Oracle table) in QV to assign manually licences ? How can I do that ?

> QV (Publisher) 12.20.20900.0

Regards
fab

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @fabricecallegar,

I printed the article to pdf and attached it to this post, so hopefully this will help.

Please note that the version you mentioned, 12.20.20900, is no longer supported.  The currently supported versions are 12.40, 12.50, & 12.60.  So if you need to contact Qlik Support for assistance, you would have to be running a supported build version.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @fabricecallegar,

You can configure a QlikView Directory Services Connector (DSC) connection to an Oracle database via a Configurable ODBC.  Have a look at the Qlik Support article How to set up Configurable ODBC DSC to Oracle database in QlikView.

Best Regards

fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for your reply,

I think the article is what I need, unfortunately I cannot access to this page because my account does not have enough privileges.

do you know if there is another way to get this information ? 

fab

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @fabricecallegar,

I printed the article to pdf and attached it to this post, so hopefully this will help.

Please note that the version you mentioned, 12.20.20900, is no longer supported.  The currently supported versions are 12.40, 12.50, & 12.60.  So if you need to contact Qlik Support for assistance, you would have to be running a supported build version.

Best Regards

fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Perfect,

Thank you very much

fab