cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
san9c123
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data model corrupted during reload

We have a QlikView app that is used to build a data model from multiple qvds.  That is then read via binary load by another app that contains the user interface.  The data model loads in close to 20 years of certain kinds of data.  The two apps have been reloading nightly without issue for over a year until last night.  Now, the data model loads without any apparent issues and no errors in the log, but when it saves it is corrupted somehow and cannot be opened again, so naturally the binary load fails.

The corruption occurs whether the reload done through the Publisher or Desktop.

We spent great deal of today trying to locate the bad data from yesterday that we thought was somehow causing this but never found anything.  There is only a problem when we load all twenty years.  That may sound like a lot, but this is far from our largest app in size.

Anyone experienced anything similar?  We are on QlikView November 2018.

Thank you, Scott

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
san9c123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply.  I really have no clue what happened.  Whatever it was I don't think it was a transient disk space or scanning tool issue because we got a clean copy of the app and reproduced the problem several times in both our QA and Prod environments.  But, since it started working again a day or two later we stopped looking into it and just hope it never recurs!

Thx, Scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Is there any section access included? Are you using prj-folder for this application?

If yes, remove it (maybe in another copy) and try it again.

- Marcus

san9c123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply.  There is no section access, and no prj-folder.  And today for some reason it is working again.  But who knows if it will keep working.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Scott, if it started working again, I think the most likely issue might be some active-scanning tool you may be running in the environment, anti-virus etc...  The only other thing that comes to mind would be something having hiccuped on the save on the storage side of things potentially.  The funny thing is on Publisher side, I would expect the Task log to show an error, Script/Document log would likely be fine if the issue is in the Save etc.  That made me think of something in .Net side though, maybe some updates got applied that did not fully bake, but if you guys did a server reboot at some point prior to things working again, that may have gotten things aligned...  Sorry I do not have anything better for you, wanted to toss out what I could.  If you did figure something out, please consider posting what it was, and you can then use the Accept as Solution button to mark that as the solution to close things out.  If you have further questions, just shout.  I thought of one other thing, check your disk free space where things are being stored, maybe you were running out of space there, that is the only other thing of which I can think, but again, I think that should have thrown a message for you in one of the logs...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
san9c123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply.  I really have no clue what happened.  Whatever it was I don't think it was a transient disk space or scanning tool issue because we got a clean copy of the app and reproduced the problem several times in both our QA and Prod environments.  But, since it started working again a day or two later we stopped looking into it and just hope it never recurs!

Thx, Scott