Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Developing opening on the server (lease license)

Hi! I have a doubt, can a user develop from his local machine opening a qvw on the server borrowing a license?? When I open on the server I can navigate the app but it won´t let me develop, I can´t open the script or add a new object.

Is it possible to develop in this conditions?

The manual says:

However, documents created in QlikView Personal Edition can be used with a licensed

copy of QlikView desktop and they can also be published on a QlikView Server.

I don´t get the idea from this quote, perhaps it can help.

Thanks!!

Regards from Argentine

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

License lease - if your server license allows it and is set up to allow it, you can borrow a license. This will change your Personal Edition into a full desktop version.

Open in Server - you can develop the UI layer, i.e. you can create reports (if enabled), but not the script. In order to amend the script, you'll need to open the actual QVW file (not through the server).

Regarding to the quote, the limitation of the Personal Edition is that you cannot open files created elsewhere. However the files created in the Personal Edition can be used by any licensed QlikView desktop and QlikView server.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am also looking answer for this post.

Best,

Robert

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

License lease - if your server license allows it and is set up to allow it, you can borrow a license. This will change your Personal Edition into a full desktop version.

Open in Server - you can develop the UI layer, i.e. you can create reports (if enabled), but not the script. In order to amend the script, you'll need to open the actual QVW file (not through the server).

Regarding to the quote, the limitation of the Personal Edition is that you cannot open files created elsewhere. However the files created in the Personal Edition can be used by any licensed QlikView desktop and QlikView server.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Martin Maffioli wrote:

Hi! I have a doubt, can a user develop from his local machine opening a qvw on the server borrowing a license?? When I open on the server I can navigate the app but it won´t let me develop, I can´t open the script or add a new object.

Is it possible to develop in this conditions?

Hi,

If you open from server means it will be the same as accessing it from Client or web browser.

Here you cannot go to script or develop any new content. If you create any objects by this method. It will be only visible for that user only not for all.

The manual says:

However, documents created in QlikView Personal Edition can be used with a licensed

copy of QlikView desktop and they can also be published on a QlikView Server.

This refer to License Leasing or Licensing  Desktop/ Free Edition of your QlikView to Full Fledge Licences Software.

Once you follow above procedure your Desktop will be Licensed and you can open any applications created by other users too. Whereas you cannot do the same with free edition.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I didn´t understand the difference between borrowing a license and opening on the server. What I did was to give the user acces to a shared folder on the server and made her borrow a license before starting todo develop (before opening the qvw).

Thanks for the answer!!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!!

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Welcome

Regards

ASHFAQ