cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samith_sgh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Development, Test, and Production environments and how to sync files among them

• How do you set up Development, Test, and Production environments in Servers?
  • How do you move the files among them?
  • How do you control access of developers, testers to their own environment?

This is how we use it. Please suggest me a better / recommended way.

We have a separate server for development. Developers logs into the developers service via RDP , develops using Qlikview desktop. The files are synced to production server via Dropbox as we have all production, test, and development folders are in Dropbox. 

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@samith_sgh This is not really something Community is going to be very good at answering I am afraid as there are a lot of variables in play.  I would venture you should have a discussion with your Partner Manager regarding having our Services Team potentially do an engagement with you to review everything and suggest some alternative architectures etc.  You may of course use the Scalability Area of Community and the Help Documentation as well to look through things, but this really does boil down to having someone that deals with architecture on a regular basis to review use cases etc. to determine the best approach to things.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/gh-p/qlik-scalability

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_Fu...

Sorry I do not have something better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.