Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akshaykudale_47
Contributor
Contributor

Directory Connector Services Error 1067 process terminated unexpectedly.

When I am trying to start Qlikview Directory Connector Services I am getting this error:

Error 1067 process terminated unexpectedly.

When checked into QlikView Directory Connector Services log following error found:

Found 2 item(s) with invalid encryption. Follows here in the log file:
20200906T180147.367-0500    Information    Invalid encryption: XML file "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Resources\73721710-336b-49ee-b274-eefcb10c45b5.xml", node "/dscresource/uid".
20200906T180147.367-0500    Information    Invalid encryption: XML file "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Resources\73721710-336b-49ee-b274-eefcb10c45b5.xml", node "/dscresource/pwd".
20200906T180147.367-0500    Error    Shutting down the service since there are data with invalid encryption. To continue, activate the 'EraseUndecryptableData' config flag by setting it to true in the config file to erase the invalid data.

The .xml file mentioned in above error is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<dscresource>

<id>73721710-336b-49ee-b274-eefcb10c45b5</id>

<name> (LDAP://stericorp.com)</name>

<type>ad</type>

<path>LDAP://stericorp.com</path>

<uid>J1RbLdjY/DY=</uid>

<pwd>J1RbLdjY/DY=</pwd>

<errstatus>Setting up connection failed; The server is not operational. </errstatus>

-<StringDictionarySerializer>

<Entry Value="60" Key="CacheExpiryInMinutes"/>

<Entry Value="30" Key="ServiceTimeoutInSeconds"/>

</StringDictionarySerializer>

</dscresource>

I know about solution that we need to erase undecryptable  data and restart the service.

But my questions are:
1.What data it will exactly delete and do we need to restore it?
2.Where we will get the data which is undecryptable and do we need to take back up for that before deleting?
3.What process need to be done after deleting this data and how we can restore it?

If anyone is done this process after deletion of undecryptable data, Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @akshaykudale_47 

I believe this article should help you resolve this issue: Qlikview Directory Service Connector service cannot be started with Error 1067  

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @akshaykudale_47 

I believe this article should help you resolve this issue: Qlikview Directory Service Connector service cannot be started with Error 1067  

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
krishnajamylavarapu16
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sonja,

Thanks for the article. As per the an article in Qlik documentaion 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

The section - How to erase corrupted data,  says it will delete the undecryptable part of the data and in QMC we have to re-enter the erased data from the Service log file. Where can we find the Service log file and how we identify what we need to add.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

You've already located the service log file - "service log file" indicates the log for each of the services. The log you initially mentioned is the service log file. 

krishnajamylavarapu16
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for the clarification.

Could you please help us with these questions : 

2.Where we will get the data which is undecryptable and do we need to take back up for that before deleting? - We have to take the backup 
3.What process need to be done after deleting this data and how we can restore it?
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

The instructions provided already answer this: In the QMC, re-enter the erased data. All the undecryptable data entries have already been listed in the service log file, and this indicates what you need to re-enter in the QMC.
I canno answer this in detail for you as it depends on what your log files says. Based on your log files it's a Directory Service Connector resource file. These may include connections to your directories. In your case, it looks like it's just this connection: LDAP://stericorp.com. Based on this, it looks like you may need to recreate that connection. 

Generally, people do not lose data when this happens and are good to go right after they have completed these steps. But in case something does get lost, the log file already shows you what to check when the services are back online and you can verify what is there and what isn't in the QMC.

2.Where we will get the data which is undecryptable and do we need to take back up for that before deleting?

Backups are always a good idea. I'd recommend backing up the entire C:\ProgramData\QlikTech folder just in case. With "Data" it does not mean any of your QlikView applications, by the way. The error is for service communication, so the service cannot currently read some of its configuration files.

Go to the Directory Service Connector in the QMC and see what (if anything) has been lost. If something has been lost you will need to recreate it - again, based on the files listed in the log file.
akshaykudale_47
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sonja,

Thanks for your reply. 

The folder which contain the config file to modify has read only attribute set and I am not able to change it. Due to this I am not able to modify the config file.

I also tried to stop other QV services and modify the config file. But, It didn't worked out.

Could you please help us with this.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @akshaykudale_47  - you may need to speak to your system administrator to help you enable write on the files if you do not have the permissions to do so.

As this needs to be modified, the only solution is to get yourself edit permissions on that file. You may also log in with the user account running the services as that should have full permissions already. 

akshaykudale_47
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sonja,

I have logged in with same user account which have access to start and stop the services. still I am not able edit the config file.

Thanks in advance for your help.