Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribute to QlikServer is not visible for user

Hi,

Because we had a power failure we had to implement our Publisher again.

Now we have almost completely setup the environment, but one specific user who is a document administrator cannot see the option "Distribute to QlikView" server when he tries to create a task for his .qwv file.

Here a short summary of what he can and cannot do:

- He is a Document Administrator in the Distribution Services ReloadEngine cluster

- He can see all his documents in the Source Documents folder

- He can create a task and go to the distribute tab, but there is no option "Distribute to QlikView Server". As i am the admin, i can see that option.

- He has full rights on the UserDocuments folder, where the file is copied to.

I am looking for the right setting and perhaps somebody can help me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This is something most people miss in this setup. You need to add the user under the folder access. ad.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This is something most people miss in this setup. You need to add the user under the folder access. ad.png

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reaction.

I have checked this setting and he is a member of the path we provided. I can confirm the following settings are applicable on our Publisher Server:

Our UserDocuments path:

\\servername\Data\Audit\RS\Data\ and this path has 5 document administrators. The user who would like to have the "Distribute to QlikView Server" option is one of these document administrators.

Our SourceDocuments path:

\\servername\xx\SourceFiles\Audit and this path has 5 document administrators, the same as the UserDocuments.

I can also confirm that he is a member of a AD group, which has been added to the local group QlikView Administrators on the Publisher Server.

Perhaps you (or somebody else) have another option we could check?

Thanks in advance.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Chris,

If he is a member of the QlikView Administrator group he should have full rights to the QMC. Can you send me a screen shot of this screen when he is in the QMC?

aaa.png

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

This is what he is seeing at the moment. The option is not available.QlikView_Distribute.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Chris,

I have sent you an email offline. This is listed as a bug.

Bill

jschrader
Contributor III
Contributor III

Bill,

Thanks for the help!

"This is something most people miss in this setup. You need to add the user under the folder access."

I missed it