Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

Document Administrators - Sometimes - Can't Log In

All - Thank you in advance for any advice.

Strange situation I have never encountered before.

Sometimes, Document Administrators are unable to log in into the QMC. Some are LAN some are VPN. All the while normal administrators are able to log in. By unable to log in, they get an 'This Page can't be displayed' in IE.

11.2 SR2

Server is healthy during these times.

The only correlation between any of these events are that there is a task running using the SAP connector.

I have tried restarting the QMS and QDS services but that does not help. Restarting the server fixes it.

Has anyone encountered this behavior before? If I need to provide more info please let me know.

Thank You

-Jeremy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

Just wanting to provide closure here.

This seems to be the result of a proxy setting set in IE when network users log in (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't)

For some reason this is not affecting non - Document Administrators.

When tried in Chrome they were able to log right in.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

hi Jeremy,

What for version of IE do you use?

So when you use firefox or google chrome do you have then the same error message?

Do you have a message in the event log on the time when the problem is coming up?

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Richard -

The company standard is currently IE 8. I have reached out to internal company support to ask them that if they get a report of this again to ask the user to try a different browser, I will report back once I hear something.

After I posted the original message I did find an entry indicating a trust between AD Zones had failed, that was around the same date/time as the last series of these which we have forwarded to the network support team.

I have never been denied access I am not a Document Administrator but a plain old can get to everything Administrator.

Thanks for the interest!

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator
Author

Just wanting to provide closure here.

This seems to be the result of a proxy setting set in IE when network users log in (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't)

For some reason this is not affecting non - Document Administrators.

When tried in Chrome they were able to log right in.