Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eli_legna
Contributor II
Contributor II

Document CAL's User

Spoiler
Hi everybody I would like to know if it is possible to show only the specific document where it is assigned, for example, the Document CAL's User X is assigned to "Proyect X", I want User X only can see "Project X", because now, he can't open other documents, but he can see all of them.

Thank you very much 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @eli_legna,

Based on your description, it sounds like Section Access would accomplish what you're looking for.  Have a look at Managing data security with Section Access 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

I've never tried using it. Have a look at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

We've always used Section Access for our permissions, which in QV works great (in Qlik Sense, you need to use other means to hide documents from people who can't open them).

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

CALs exist independently of app-specific permissions. You'll have to use app-specific permissions (OS / Qlik level or using Section Access) to control those.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @eli_legna,

Based on your description, it sounds like Section Access would accomplish what you're looking for.  Have a look at Managing data security with Section Access 

Best Regards

eli_legna
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

and where can I found the Qlik Level manager? I mean en QMC?

eli_legna
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Bur Section Access refers to the same document, doesn't it? and I would like to show a full document, but not all the documents in the access point.

Or
MVP
MVP

I've never tried using it. Have a look at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

We've always used Section Access for our permissions, which in QV works great (in Qlik Sense, you need to use other means to hide documents from people who can't open them).

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @eli_legna,

Using Section Access will "hide" QVWs that a user doesn't have access to from the AccessPoint.

Best Regards

eli_legna
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Then, for example if I have 25 documents, and my user Document CAL's just need to see one, I need to use Sectios Access for the others 24? 

eli_legna
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It is QV, then how can I manage the Section Acces in order just that document be visible for the user? could you please help me?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @eli_legna,

Suggest that you start with Introduction to Section Access & YouTube video Section Access best practice to begin learning about Section Access. 

Best Regards