Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huberto
Creator
Creator

Documentation for QVSManagerBatch.exe

Dear Qlikers,

Where can I find the documentation for the QVSManagerBatch.exe? It is already running in production, but I need to add new functionalities to our License Cleaning process.

These are some goals:

1. Users in a Whitelist must not be excluded;

2. Assigned CALs without any access to the application must be revoked (Last Used = 0001-01-01 00:00:00);

3. Document CALs should also be deallocated from the document (Number of CALs allocated to this Document).

Is it possible to use QVSManagerBatch.exe to achieve these objectives? Other suggestions will be welcome as well.

Thank you for your time,

Huberto Pereira Haidemann

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, Albert, but this is not the case.

We load the Session Log files in order to get the date when the license was assigned and build an application to expose those users. 

In my opinion, Qlik should provide this information. This is about managing the platform.

Thank you all.

Regards,

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @Huberto,

I suggest that you review the Qlik License Agreement regarding the assignment/re-assignment of Named User CALsAny CAL used by an identified user may not be transferred to another user, unless the transfer is due to a change in the employment status or work duties of the prior user, in which case there is a 7 day quarantine (or 24 hour quarantine depending upon the version of QlikView)  before the CAL be transferred to another user.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky
First, thank you for your time. My point here is not exactly about the assigning/re-assigning licenses, but an automated process that revokes the licenses that were assigned and never used. We can do it manually however we need to improve this process to avoid manual tasks that could be done automatically.

Kind regards,

Josh_Berg_Support

Huberto,

As far as I know there isn't any built-in automated process that will de-allocate CALs that are assigned but never used, however, you might take a look at the Qlikview Power Tools which has a QV User Manager 11 will allow you to automate the process of assigning and removing CALs and retrieve information such as when the CALs were last used in a CSV format, which is simple to read for QlikView. It can also populate DMS users and retrieve information in a similar CSV format. It automatically recognizes all available QlikView Servers and can work against the entire server(s) or specific document(s).

Please keep in mind the Qlikview Power Tools are not supported by Qlik Support and should be used at your own risk.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

It would appear to me the better way of going at this is in the front-end, prevent those users from ever getting assigned a CAL in the first place...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Josh,

Many thanks for your suggestion, that would be exactly our next approach.

Best regards,

Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Brett,

We also thought about this possibility. However, how do you tell to the CEO that he/she must access the QlikView just assign the license and from time to time ask again. 🙂
But talking about governance, Qlik should provide/consider this information.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,

Albert_Candelario

Hi Huberto,

Then, maybe, you should consider to use Session Cals and not Named User Cals if the Session Cals fulfill your requirements as per the type of users you have.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Huberto
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, Albert, but this is not the case.

We load the Session Log files in order to get the date when the license was assigned and build an application to expose those users. 

In my opinion, Qlik should provide this information. This is about managing the platform.

Thank you all.

Regards,