Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II

Does QlikView 12.3 supports accessing/ storing qvw/qvd files on NAS storage?

Dear experts,

Could you please answer below question?

As per Qlikview documentation, NAS storage is not supported unless it is shared for Windows based file share. I believe this is mainly when we are configuring QV server source document/user document other paths on QV services.

but, my question is if for ex: QVW files have links coded inside them pointing to NAS share(ex: \\stgscnnas\qlikview) then would it work saving/ accessing qvw/qvd files on NAS storage? Means the apps will be saving qvw/qvd files on NAS share, would this cause any issues? or you recommend this also needs to be a windows based file share links?

Thank you,

Anil

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @rookianil 

QlikView related files (including .qvws and .qvds) stored directly on NAS drive is currently not supported as per Does QlikView Support NAS Storage? as well as the Architecture requirements for Front End and Back End. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sonja,

Would you anticipate any issues other than the latency? I tested latency with my NAS share and it is <1ms

avinashelite

Untill your NAS space could be mapped as windows drive it should work okay but it would cause a problem when your NAS storage is down and if your having huge qvds to read and write also..

rookianil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Avinash. We tried mapping NAS share on windows server as symbolic link but it is not responding some times and that is the reason why we want to directly use NAS share link which is like \\stgscnnas\qlikview and there we have all folders setup

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Keep in mind that you may do whatever you wish, it boils down to what we support, so as long as you are willing to take the risk of using the NAS upon yourselves, there is absolutely no issue with doing so.  What we would expect from a support standpoint on any future issues is that you rule out the NAS as part of the issue by testing using supported file share before opening the support case etc.  Hopefully this clarifies things a bit better, so you can definitely try things and run with them, just note related to support that you will have to do a few extra steps if the NAS is in use....

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.