Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavyadwh91
Contributor III
Contributor III

Domain is not recognized while installation

I am  trying to install QlikView Server using a domain user, but  the QlikView setup doesn't recognize the domain at all, and only sees the machine name. Even when I tried writing it myself in the field in the Domain\user format, it wasn't accepted.

Please do the needful.

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kavyadwh91,
Are you referring to the Logon Information screen that is presented during the installation process (shown below)? This screen's purpose is to enter the account which will be running the QlikView services, the service account.  If you are experiencing issues during this stage, you can tick the I want to specify the account to be used for the services later checkbox in order to proceed with the installation. 

If this screen isn't what you're describing, please do us a favor and provide greater clarity or a screen capture to help us better understand what you are discussing.  The QlikView guide Deploying QlikView PDF will likely be useful to you.  Thanks!

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

1. That is usually due to configuration of your Active Directory servers.
2. You should be able to add the service account after the install completes.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kavyadwh91,
Are you referring to the Logon Information screen that is presented during the installation process (shown below)? This screen's purpose is to enter the account which will be running the QlikView services, the service account.  If you are experiencing issues during this stage, you can tick the I want to specify the account to be used for the services later checkbox in order to proceed with the installation. 

If this screen isn't what you're describing, please do us a favor and provide greater clarity or a screen capture to help us better understand what you are discussing.  The QlikView guide Deploying QlikView PDF will likely be useful to you.  Thanks!

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!