Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill up should not work

Hi All,

In my dashboard as we select field from 1st list box it changes fields in 2nd list box and selection on 2nd creates Chart.
But what i want is Selection on 2nd list should not change data on 1st list box.

Is it possible?

3 Replies
richard_simpson
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Ayush

For the first field, if you display in a Chart - Straight Table, with the Dimension set to your relevant field and the "Suppress When Value is Null" option ticked, and the "Show All Values" also ticked.

Then, for your expression, put in Sum( {$< <Field2> = {"*"} >) 1) where <Field2> is the field that you are displaying in your second list.

Give the expression a label (e.g. Count) and then in the Presentation tab select the "Count" column and choose the "Hide Column" option.

You will find that when you select one or more values from the list (TABLE ) of Field 1, the list for Field 2 changes to reflect your selection.

But when you select one or more values from the list of Field 2, the display of Field 1 in that Table does not change.

Is that ok?

Does it do what you are trying to achieve?

Richard

By the way, you can hide the caption of the table so that it looks very similar to a List

Not applicable
Author

Yes I am looking for the same solution.
but can we do this directly on list? instead of using Table!

richard_simpson

Sorry Ayush… I don’t believe you can…

Richard