Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajeshhyd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Email alerts when task fails without Distribution Services

Hi All,

In our  environment we don't have distribution services are enabled but we are receiving alert emails on Task failures. I want to remove some emails id 's in those alerts but not sure where it was configured and how to edit those alert notifications as we don't have distribution services.

Thanks

Rajesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Rajeshhyd,

You should be able to configure email recipients in QV Desktop > Tools > Alerts.  Have a look at the attached .docx file.  It's a little older, but should have information you need.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@Rajeshhyd Did you previously have Publisher and e-mail alerts setup? 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Rajeshhyd
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am not sure on publisher configured previously but now I don't see publisher in services and we get emails on task alert for all the people. We want to remove some email ids from it. Can you tell me is there any other we can configure alerts other than publisher.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Rajeshhyd,

Email alerts can be configured directly on the QVWs themselves, so this may be how you had things setup without using Publisher.  See article Overview of email notification and alerts in QlikView Server, Publisher and Desktop for more details.

Best Regards

Rajeshhyd
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lucas,

I think we have publisher license previously but currently there is no publisher license. can we able to find the email notification enabled in any of the folders in the server so that i can edit them. I checkec in C://programdata/QlikTech folder didn't find anything there.

Thanks

Rajesh

Rajeshhyd
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky 

In the QVW in User preferences in can see email notifications details but there is no receiver information and email body there, can you let me know where i can find the receiver information(TO of the email).

Thanks

Rajesh

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Rajeshhyd,

You should be able to configure email recipients in QV Desktop > Tools > Alerts.  Have a look at the attached .docx file.  It's a little older, but should have information you need.

Best Regards

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Configuration without DistributionService:

cwolf_0-1632941196937.png

Configuration with DistributionService:

cwolf_1-1632941230656.png

In both cases the information is stored in:

c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\AlertEmail.xml