I have resolved this by changing the port  number

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I had installed Qlikview server with admin credentials 

I have added FID user to Qlik Admin group and changed the user in all services but I am still getting same error

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

What errors are printed in the Windows application and System logs when the services fail to start?

I'd recommend reviewing our article database for possible root causes, beginning with https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003049

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

All services are running fine now except Qlikview Webserver. 

I checked the Application log and Server Log

Application Log:

Faulting application name: QVWebServer.exe, version: 12.40.20000.0, time stamp: 0x5cc3a37d
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.3383, time stamp: 0x5ddcba29
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034c48
Faulting process id: 0x2324
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5caf46c853e14
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\Web Server\QVWebServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: d95c2eee-bfcd-4720-8cc6-d9f36b46d965
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Server Log:

The QlikView Webserver service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have resolved this by changing the port  number

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yeah, you like have an HP utility running on the web server, as that is a common one of which I am aware that shares TCP port 4750.  Good catch on things and thanks for posting the final fix, I will mark that as the solution.

An easy way to find this is to run 'netstat -ano' from a CMD dialog on the server in question and go see what the PID is on TCP 4750, if it is not 4, but some other number, then use Windows Task Manager and the Processes tab with the PID column turned on to figure out which service has the port in use, so you know which one you want to try to change...

Here is an Article link on how to change the port too: Change QVWS port 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.