Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error Failed to generate QVW files

Hi!

When we distribute some documents we get this error message, anyone that have seen this error message?

It seems like the file can't be found, it doesn't happen everytime.  When we start the distribution manually it works.

Qlikview Publisher: 10.0.9061.7 x64

Qlikview engine count: 2 of 8

Qlikview file size: 700MB

----

2011-12-23 05:30:28.4841547 Information Storing document to be distributed on disk
2011-12-23 05:30:28.4841547 Information Enabling One and always one
2011-12-23 05:30:41.1982362 Error Failed to generate QVW files.. Exception=System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\f999acd6-6fc8-4da9-8c5c-70535f5d8d94\document.qvw'.
File name: 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\f999acd6-6fc8-4da9-8c5c-70535f5d8d94\document.qvw'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at QVBWrapper.DocumentPackage.AddFile(String i_PathToFile, String i_StoreAsFileName)
at QVBWrapper.Document.GetStream(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eDocumentType i_DocumentType, String i_URL, Boolean i_ShowToolBar, String i_ReportID)
2011-12-23 05:30:41.1982362 Error Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabQVWFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)
---

/Jimmy

3 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

can you check the filed value based on which you are generating QVW. I thing something mispatch there.

Not applicable
Author

Do you mean the reduce field value?
I think it's correct becouse the document can be reduced when starting the task manually.

We have got this message months after upgrading från Qlikview 9 to Qlikview 10.

Not applicable
Author

I have changed the execution time for some of our distribution tasks so now the bigest documents that are distributed are not running at the same time. All tasks that we had problem with have now been running without problems for days.

We can run up to 8 reloads that are smal documents at the same time without problems.