Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AjithVS2
Contributor
Contributor

Error in refreshing QVWs in QlikView Management Console

Hi All,

I have a set of QVWs which automatically refresh in QMC. But for the last few days, many of the jobs are failing. When we manually refresh it  works without any issues. PFB error which we receive during  job failures:

"Error      The task failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: stringToUnescape

at System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.GetFileName(String path)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)"

Please suggest a solution to resolve this issue. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks in Advance,

Ajith V  S.

5 Replies
alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Have you tried to check the log? Thanks!

AjithVS2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I got this error details from log details in QMC. Is this the one you are mentioning.

Thanks,

Ajith V S.

alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Hi I mean the log generated here:

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QMC log file logs task events. The document log file logs the detailed load script and you will find the cause of the error (or at least the script line in which it occurs). The picture in the previous post comes from the Document Properties | General dialog. Check the box and run the reload again.'

The log file is the txt file with the same name as the qvw file, in the same folder.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ajith, were you able to sort the issue once you activated the Script/Document logs?  If so, it would be great if you could complete the thread by posting what the issue was, and what you did to fix it, then you can use the Accept as Solution button to close things out.  If you do not want to provide details, but using the Script/Document log did help you solve things, then use the Accept as Solution button on the post that suggested turning that on to mark that as the solution to close things out.  If you are still trying to figure things out, please leave an update post.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.