Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error on using QvsTunnel IE Plug-in

Hello,

Here is my problem,

I have a Qlikview server 10 that works through IIS 7

The HTTP Tunnel works, I ran a test with "http://localhost/scripts/qvtunnel.dll?test and it's ok

So i blocked the port 4747 to validate the fact that the tunneling works,

I still have the error message

"Failed to reach server: IP-...........

Switching to HTTP runneling

Connected to server OK, security settings denies access"

The same issue happens whether using Plug-in IE or Qlikview Desktop

Thanks for your help,

D.Sadki

54 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try changing your link machine name to DES51225

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

got it working with the correct registry settings

/olli

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Oliver, if IIS is not on QVS server, you have to be sure registry pointer is properly configured, so it knows how to forward the requests when tunneling.

Regards,

Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
andrew001
Contributor III
Contributor III

I Bill,

excuse me: I have the same error and I read your interesting document.

On my server I don't find any QvTunnel folder and any QvTunnel.dll, and, when I try to modify the installation (QV Server ver 12) I don't find the section "Microsoft IIS support - Qlikviev Tunnel ISAPI. dll "

What should I do ?

Thank you in advance

A.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The default  location of the QVSTunnel.dll is C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvTunnel

I am looking at my server and it is there.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.