Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Error server: An exception (C) occured during open of xxx.qvw

Hello,

I've installed The governance dashboard on ourt qlikview-server( ver 11.20 SR4)

I get sometimes this error "Server: An exception (C) occured during open of xxx.qvw."

Does anybody know why I get this error?

Regards,

Kris

5 Replies
fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

(C) is just an indication of the error from the windows event viewer,

unfortunately there is a bug today where we can't display all the string, this will be corrected in 11.20.SR6

so if you take a look at your windows event viewer, you should see an entry from the QVS starting with C, maybe cannot open file because of .....

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Fabrice,

There is an error in the windows eventviewer.

He couldn't open the qvw-file. Only, I don't no whe he couldn't open the dashboar. Could it be because he was reloading the data of the dashboard on the server?

I've als an error

"Server: An exception (T) occured during open of xxx.qvw."

These ar most of the time dashboards that are deleted on the server.

But I don't know why he keeps refering to these dashboards.

Regards,

Kris

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

The T Exception is a new log entry added in QV 11.2 SR4. This release has improved stability with .shared file handling; however, it does not correct pre-existing issues with the .shared file. To correct the existing issues with the .shared file, I recommend creating new .shared files or using the new Shared File Cleaner tool to verify and purge any corrupt objects that the cleaner finds.

Edit:  It seems that I am wrong about this.  I've been informed of the following:  "T or C or O are entries we are copying from the event viewer and the bug is that we are unable to display the string we copy properly."  So, please disregard my comment above, and it looks like I have some cleaning up to do on some of these cases.

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello Chris,

thanks for you response.

I've never worked with .shared files.

Where can I find the shared file cleaner tool or how can I create new .shared files?

Regards,

Kris

Not applicable

Hi Kris,

Download Power Tools 1.2, you´ll see the Shared File Repair there, might help if it´s not very late for your shared files.

Cheers