cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error while assigning Named CAL

Hi All,

I am getting error (Screen Shot attached) "

EntLicenses.Properties.CalInfo.AssignedList.AddAssignedUsers" while assigning Named CAL to users. We are using Qlikview web server and not IIS server and Qlikview 11 server.

Thanks in Advance,

Anosh Nathaniel

23 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Anosh,

Check in the QMC that the Directories are properly configured (there are no red asterisk on the fields). Are you using Windows Active Directory or any other security directory? Are you able to search for users successfully in the Users tab of the QMC?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not able to search users in User tab. Also active directory is showing red asterisk (an operation error occured).

This may be a silly question but I am new to Qlikview administration. If i use "get default" button and it populates a path LDAP://<DomainName> then are we using Active directory?

Also I am facing one more problem explained in : http://community.qlik.com/message/214172#214172

Thanks in Advance,

Anosh Nathaniel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Anosh,

Getting default directory should read from the OS but this might not be the right directory to use. The red asterisk means that you have not specified a user with read permissions on the directory (usually an administrator user with access to the catalog) or the fields are empty. So first you will need to specify a user that can read from the AD in case of Windows or an administrator of the LDAP server.

In regards to your other post, check there.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your reply. I will give the correct username and password and let you know about it.

Is there any good document present on server administration because Qlikview server guide (pdf) is not so explainatory as Qlikview designer doc?

Thanks,

Anosh

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Anosh,

There are some other materials in addition to the Server Reference Manual. Of course, besides this QlikCommunity, I'd suggest you to check the White Papers and Training section where you can find very useful documentation and free training on demand, just registering!

Check anyway with your Sales Rep or Partner Manager should you be interested in more in depth or personalized training.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Vegar
MVP
MVP

@anoshnathaniel: If you did solve this issue I'm interested hearing about it.

I have no problem searching for users, but if I try clicking the "manage users" icon on the "Assign CALs"-tab I get the same error message as you did.

Best regards

Vegar Lie Arntsen

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We've just upgraded to version 11 and are getting the same issue.  No CALS are shown under the Qlikview Server - Assigned CALs tab and the same error occurs when attempting to manage users.  I can browse our Active Directory in the User Management tab.

Is this a known issue and do we have a resolution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

I´m dealing with the same issue, it seems to me that the PGO files are corrupted but users don't want us to delete them and generate them again because they are afraid to lose info.

What do u think Miguel Angel Baeyens, should we generate them just to give it a shot?

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nelson.

We ended up deleting the PGO files and this resolved the issue however it has just happened again.

Next step is to uninstall/reinstall Qlikview server to see if this prevents re-occurrence.

Will let you know how we get on.

Cheers