Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Export to CSV is using semicolon instead of comma

Hi Qlik Community,

I recently upgraded from the April 2019 release to the May 2021 release in QlikView. When a user exports data from a table to a CSV file the data is being delimited with a semicolon instead of a comma. In the previous version I was able to resolve this with an update to the settings.ini file: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000064983.

However, now that doesn't seem to work. My settings.ini file still has the UseIcuForLocaleInfo=0 entry in the file but it is still using a semicolon. I have also checked the registry for sList values that are semicolons but they are all commas. Regional settings for the service account are all correctly showing that it should use a comma. 

Any other ideas on what I can check on to resolve this?

Thank you,

Chad Watson

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

@chadwatson, thanks for the information. A defect on the May 2021 release was found and it is currently being worked on by development. More information was added to the article mentioned: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/In-QlikView-November-2018-and-Later-Releases-Export-to-Excel...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@chadwatson  where in the Settings.ini file did you place the UseIcuForLocaleInfo=0 entry?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I put it near the bottom of the [Settings 7] section:

chadwatson_0-1624983463022.png

Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

@chadwatson, thanks for the information. A defect on the May 2021 release was found and it is currently being worked on by development. More information was added to the article mentioned: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/In-QlikView-November-2018-and-Later-Releases-Export-to-Excel...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂
chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Andre_Sostizzo , Thank you for posting an update on here and on the knowledge article. I look forward to the fix 🙂

VladKomarov
Partner - Contributor III

@Andre_Sostizzo , @Chadwatson, thanks for update. I am facing this issue as well.

Have just submitted a support case, will see if they will suggest another workaround. 

VK

chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Vlad, please let me know if you find one 🙂 Right now I am using NPrinting to export the data from the most important table and adding the file to a share. However, the users this functionality for many sheets, not just the one I'm using for their CSV export.

VladKomarov

Just FYI: the new bug was created (QV-22407) and my support case is showing the "Pending Bug Approval" status.

So, it might take some time for this issue to be resolved (again)....

VK