Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanfoster84
Creator
Creator

QlikView, I am getting, Failed to connect to QVS, QVS Down, how can I fix it?

Hi,

I am currently building out our dev environment for qlikview 2021 SR2 and we have a clustered environment of two servers:

Server 1 Runs the following:

• Qlik Service Dispatcher
  • Qlikview Directory Service Connector
  • Qlikview Distribution Service
  • Qlikivew Management Service

Server 2 Runs the following:

• Qlikview Directory Service Connector
  • Qlikivew Server
  • Qlikview Settings Service (IIS Installation)

Currently all the services are using our service account to run but i am getting the following error saying QVS is down even though it is running on box 2

ryanfoster84_0-1657024997100.png

If i switch the Qlikview Server Service to run on local account there is no issues but am confused as to how the other two services are running fine on server 2 without issue. there are no logon credentials used either in the log tab of system.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@ryanfoster84,

Have a look at Qlik Support article Disabling Kerberos encryption method RC4_HMAC_MD5 causes QlikView Server to disconnect to see if it applies to your issue.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

ryanfoster84
Creator
Creator
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky thank you this resolved the issue on both boxes had the following selected:

ryanfoster84_1-1657100882974.png

Once i removed the check marks on both boxes the QVS is available.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @ryanfoster84,

Suggest that you start by reviewing the QlikView Management Service (QMS) logs to see if there are any errors or warnings regarding the QlikView Server Service (QVS). If you can, post the log or snippet of log here. Also, check out Qlik Support article Troubleshooting Disconnected Services in the QlikView Management Console (QMC).

Best Regards

ryanfoster84
Creator
Creator
Author

20220705T045137.686-0500 Error System.Exception: Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server. ID: ab4a0ab5-98d7-4ac6-a1e8-d8ac8b1068b6 || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.<>c__DisplayClass127_0.<UpdateQvsSettingsCache>b__0() || at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.CacheItem`1.GetObject() || at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.Get(TKey key, Func`1 createObjectFunc) || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.UpdateQvsSettingsCache(Guid qvsID) || at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.Diagnostics.UpdateQvsSettingsCache()

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@ryanfoster84,

Have a look at Qlik Support article Disabling Kerberos encryption method RC4_HMAC_MD5 causes QlikView Server to disconnect to see if it applies to your issue.

Best Regards

ryanfoster84
Creator
Creator
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky thank you this resolved the issue on both boxes had the following selected:

ryanfoster84_1-1657100882974.png

Once i removed the check marks on both boxes the QVS is available.