Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katragadda
Contributor II
Contributor II

Failed to open document, for unknown reasons. 22

In QlikView April 2019 SR3, opening qvw document with Section Access from Access Point fails with "Failed to open document, for unknown reasons" (AJAX) or "Failed to open document, for unknown reasons. 22" (IE Plugin).  for single user and other users they are able to open without any issues.

The same document can still be opened in QlikView Desktop 12.40 and QlikView Server for other users.

I have checked the below things:

Checked the user access, Named CAL and license to the Qlikview.

Restarted the server and services.

Resetting the password to the user.

Had a call with user and checked with other reports and they are opening.

Thanks & Regards,

Rangarao

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aiddy
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same happen to me,  I'm an admin and could access the doc via the client but not the AP in Edge.  Managed to fix by deleting all of my server objects via QMC. 

Documents > User Documents > Navigate to document > Server > Server Objects

Then going through all of the saved objects and deleting any where I was the Owner.  Then clicking Apply.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @katragadda,

Have a look at the Qlik Support articleDocument failed to open for unknown reasons when accessing a QlikView document from AccessPoint  to see if it helps resolve your issue.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
katragadda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Yes, i have seen the Qlik support article and that is not helpful for this issue.

Can you please help me on another way for proceed further on this issue.

Thanks,

Your Peer.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Has this user been able to open this document before? Can he open other documents with Section Access?

As a test could you duplicate the document with scrambled data and see if he can open it in QlikView Desktop.

If he can't then, take out section access and let him try again (again with scrambled data so he doesn't get access to data he should not have) 

katragadda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your response..

I have recreated the duplicate task( By changing the name of the task) and it was worked as expected.

Coming to the original issue i can not delete the .shared or .meta files in the path since in .shared files we have clones stored for other users.

Note: This issue is facing only one user. 

Thanks & Regards,

Your Peer.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by "clones for other users" but bookmarks will dissapear.

To test if this is even the issue, you could make a copy and move to another location, then stop the server and rename the shred file to something like shareold.

Restart the server and make sure the app opens normally for you, then have to affected user try.

After the test stop the server again and move the original file back.

Starting and stopping the server should not really be necessary but I can be done as an extra precaution.

This will of course not fix the issue, but then we at least know if the file is the issue.

Maria

katragadda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your response.

Clones means users has created their own objects inside the application.

Let me try the in this way and post you an update. Since it is an importance report and for each one hour data will be update because of that i am unable to give the response soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Your Peer

katragadda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Maria,

I have received an response from the user and this time user is getting  the attached error.

Thanks & Regards,

Your Peer

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Hi,

What version of QV desktop and IE plugin is he using?

Also what version is your server?

katragadda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Maria_Halley,

We are using 12.4 version of qlikview and IE plugin is 12.4 version.

Using windows 10 version.

Note : This is not a global issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Your peer.