Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting QlikView WebServer to use DSC

Hello all,

I have a QlikView WebServer (QVWS) that is not part of my domain. However, it is configured to use the Directory Services Connector (DSC) that is part of my domain.

My question is: Is there a way to get the QVWS to use the DSC in the domain to authenticate my user's credentials?

What I'm trying right now:

I used QMC to configure the Authentication of the non-domain QVWS from "Always" to "Login". This way, anyone can reach AccessPoint without logging in. In order to login, the user can click the "Login" link at the top of AccessPoint.

I was hoping that when the user clicks on "Login" at the top right of AccessPoint, their credentials would be passed to the DSC inside the domain and validated there. However, this is not the case. Only local users on the machine can login using this method, so it must be using the local machine to authenticate.

Is there any way to get QVWS to send the credentials to the DSC inside the domain, and authenticate the user that way?

Thanks!

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dude, the DSC is only responsible for document authorisation.

AUTHENTICATION on accesspoint should be an something special 🙂

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Simon,

QlikView doesn't do autherication even with the QlikView webserver. Autherication is a Function of the OS and does not use the Directory Service Connector. If your LDAP is not Windows base (or Custom Users) you will have to write the SSO page to authenticate the users.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Simon,

when you say that DSC is part of your domain, do you mean that DSC is installed within your domain or is configured to use your domain as LDAP source for authentication?

DSC is important component of authentication procedure, in the way that QvWS communicates with DSC to find out which user repository to use during authentication execution.

regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The DSC is really used to set permission on the files when they published and QVS users it to determine what files you have rights two. However, this is after authentication which is not handle by QlikView unless you are using custom users. After you authenticate QVS handles the authorization.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response. Assuming my LDAP is Windows based, is there an SSO page already written?

I have a webserver running in the DMZ, trying to allow users to connect to our QlikView documents from the public internet using their Active Directory credentials. Not sure what my options are...? Will LDAP + SSO help with that?

Thanks,

-Simon-

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have installed everything correctly you can use the local users on that machine.

Bill