Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarimBenBelkacem
Contributor
Contributor

Getting licence using QlikView Desktop 12.80 with QlikView Server 12.70

Hi,

I just upgraded QlikView Desktop to version 12.80.20000 on my portable. QlikView Server (12.70.2000) will be upgraded next month.

When I try to get a license as usual through 'Open in server' I get an error 'Connected to server OK. Security settings denies access'.  (It worked fine using version 12.70).

Is this due to the different versions between Desktop and Server? (Or is it something else?)
Will this problem disappear after the upgrade of QlikView Server?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KarimBenBelkacem,

QlikView May 2023 - 12.80 now uses AES256 encryption, while previous versions (including  May 2022 - 12.70) used AES128.  See What's new in QlikView May 2023 for more details. The discrepancy in the session algorithm causes the error. 

To resolve you'll need to ensure both QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop are running the same build version or edit the QlikView Desktop Settings.ini file to add entry SessionAlgorithm=CALG_AES_128 so that it matches the QlikView Server.

The QlikView Desktop Settings.ini file is located in %Users%\<User>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView. To add the entry, use a text editor such as Notepad++ to open the file and make the change under the [Settings 7] section. 

Chip_Matejowsky_0-1688122813000.png

Refer to the following Qlik KB articles:

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KarimBenBelkacem,

QlikView May 2023 - 12.80 now uses AES256 encryption, while previous versions (including  May 2022 - 12.70) used AES128.  See What's new in QlikView May 2023 for more details. The discrepancy in the session algorithm causes the error. 

To resolve you'll need to ensure both QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop are running the same build version or edit the QlikView Desktop Settings.ini file to add entry SessionAlgorithm=CALG_AES_128 so that it matches the QlikView Server.

The QlikView Desktop Settings.ini file is located in %Users%\<User>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView. To add the entry, use a text editor such as Notepad++ to open the file and make the change under the [Settings 7] section. 

Chip_Matejowsky_0-1688122813000.png

Refer to the following Qlik KB articles:

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!