Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Governance_Dashboard_1.1 - what is the content of the fields?

Hi,

my first Task on a new Job is one that I think I've done before - but it all Looks a bit different:

I am to Show in several Charts the usage_rate of our Server.

All that and much more than we actually Need is in the Governance_Dashboard (we have vrs. 1.1 and it can Access all sources of Information configured, so every Chart in that Monster of a Dashboard is populated).

As all the LOADs are already in there, I have decided to just do a BINARY LOAD of the Dashboard and go from there and build whatever Charts we are going to Need myself - that way I know for sure what is being displayed in every one.

The only issue is: Most of the field_names are Kind of intuitive and I can have a guess at what is being meant - but since I cannot view the actual LOAD_script, there is no way of being positively sure what Information is in a certain field - or is there?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

has anyone else had the Impression - with the GD_1.1, I don't know about the newest one though I have it - that the tables are sometimes linked (or rather not linked) in a somewhat queer way?

I want to build something new based on the data in the GD, but for every new Chart I have to alter the datamodel a Little, establishing or destroying links.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

I recommend using version 2.0.3 of the Governance Dashboard. Script is hidden still but you can easily unlock it (just look at the instructions in the "Edit Load Script").

Similar data model with some updates, like removing some redundant fields.

Version 2x requires no installation and scales to multiple clusters or folder locations much easier. There are some new charts there as well that might be helpful.

Enjoy.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I will have a look at that. The General layout and types of data the GD uses should not have changed too much, though?

I still use a BINARY LOAD on vrs. 1.1 to get my data - and look into the LOAD_script of a later Version - because it seems that the LOADs are all interlocked, so I'm not sure whether just taking one and putting it into my new Dashboard_to_be would work as expected ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler