Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III

Governance Dashboard Script Error

Hello,

I installed the Governance Dashboard on our Qlikview 11 Server.

But I always get a Script Error in the hidden part:

Table not found

DateIsland:

LOAD

1 as MaxID,

Max(LoadDate) as MaxLoadDt

Resident FileList

Did somebody has the same issue?

Best wishes

Bastian

38 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I´m useing Amazon and get the same error.

Attached the file with my log configurations.Configurações.png

Machine Information

Computer NameAMAZONA-P0BIBBH

Operating System VersionWin32_OperatingSystem=@ X64 (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)

.NET Version4.0.30319.269

Physical Memory7679Mb

Available Memory4359Mb

CPU Information

CPU 0Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5645  @ 2.40GHz

CPU 1Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5645  @ 2.40GHz
Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Ricardo - do not use spaces in your document scan path and let me know.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Same error, when I disable Has Log Server, the problem didn´t occur.

The problem only occur when the document read Logs is enabled.

I´ve Publisher and didn´t enable

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Ricardo - can you please verify all of the following listed in the following document and let me know if any of it has fixed the issue:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3546

This issue (script error) has been reported and is being fixed, however if none of the items in the document fix the issue it might be related to the VM.

I assume you are getting the DateIsland Script error when running the scan of the QVGD?

I will have one of our team look at this too to get another set of eyes on it.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Ricardo

Can you also attach the following logs:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta\profiles\default\Governance Dashboard.qvw.log

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta\profiles\default\QVX_LastRun\FullScan.Messages.log

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\expressor\expressorQlikViewConnector.log

Thanks

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
marcelo_7
Creator
Creator

Hello Michael,

I get the same error. I have a physical server with Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.

I have several folders in my source document path. One folder is called "In Production" and another is called "Prod" and a third one is called "QVD Load".

When I add "In Production" to the list i get the DateIsland error and when I search the others it works just fine. I thought that the space in "In Production" might have been the cause but the folder "QVD Load" works so logically it has to be something else. What can I do?

EDIT:

Also, how do I change to western formatting of dates? And in some parts the letters "å ä ö" are either replaced with weird characters or just skipped. In other parts they are displayed correctly.

Cheers,

Marcelo G.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Marcelo - can you send these logs - attach to the thread you respond with:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta\profiles\default\Governance Dashboard.qvw.log

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta\profiles\default\QVX_LastRun\FullScan.Messages.log

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\expressor\expressorQlikViewConnector.log

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I did it by message because I cannot sent by forum.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
marcelo_7
Creator
Creator

After your last message I wanted to run the program and give you the logs of both folders. The "In production" that returned an error and the "QVD Load" that worked. After your message I initiated a scan with the dashboard providing only the "In production" folder. I left it running and when I logged back in 5 hours later it was still running so i cancelled it and uninstalled the dashboard. All processes didn't end and I could not manually end them either. etool.exe *32 was running several instances. I performed a reboot today, removed all files and installed it again. I must have done something wrong because the same thing happened today but when performing a scan on the "QVD Load" folder that I know worked before and this time it kept running much longer than it should have so i cancelled it. I can't end the process etools.exe now so I have decided to put this on hold for now.

EDIT: For clarity, I uninstalled it properly and removed the files that were not deleted automatically.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Marcelo - it seems like you may be experiencing a long run-time - however it seems you did not get the script error as originally stated:

Have you tried scanning a smaller directory? Just to see? Something that has a few QVW, QVD files just to test the behavior? If that DOES work then at least we know the dashboard is now working and you resolved your original issue.

Please note this write up on the slow run time:

Problem: Scans take a very long time, in some cases multiple hours.

Issued Id: GOV-121

Remedy: The QlikView Governance Dashboard metadata scanner obtains its QVW and QVD metadata

by scanning these files and extract out XML tag information that contains the metadata. In the case of

QVW files, these XML tags tend to be near the end of the file, after all the encoded data contents. In

the case of QVD files, the XML tags are at the top of the file.

For QVW files that have very large data volumes, identifying the start of the XML tag block can take

longer than for QVW files that have little or no data. If the QVWs to be scanned are deployed to the

Publisher’s SourceDocuments folder in a data cleaned state, the time to scan them will generally be

faster than if deployed with a large volume of existing data. Use the ‘File->Reduce Data->Remove All

Values’ function on these larger QVWs before deploying so that the scanner can identify the XML tag

blocks more quickly.

For QVD files that were generated from QVWs that loaded hundreds of data sources (either using a

looping construct or a LOAD * pattern), these target QVD files will contain as many <LineageInfo> tags

as there were different source files used in the QVWs that generated the target QVDs. We have

observed instances in which the generating QVW files we’re loading thousands of machine generated

log files resulting in thousands of <LineageInfo> elements (all with cryptic, machine-generated file

names which provided little additional lineage value). These QVDs can be eliminated from the

Governance Dashboard scan process by entering a pattern that matches unite parts of their file names

or parts of the names of the sub-directories to which they are written. Care must be exercised to make

sure your pattern does not inadvertently match the names of QVW or QVD files (or their directories)

that you do want included in the scan.

• List of Paths to Scan: This is a table of pairs of text fields where the first,    left field contains a 'scan path' which must be a valid, full path    specification of a directory that the scanner will search for QVW,    QVD or QVX files. The scanner descends into all sub-directories of    each scan path root directory to find all QVW, QVD and QVX files to    analyze. One or more exclusion patterns, can be entered into the Excluded Keywords text field (separated by vertical bar | characters) to exclude from the metadata scan individual    files or entire directories whose names match the exclusion pattern.    Note that if the name of the candidate folder or file matches ANY one of the pipe-delimited patterns, the file or subfolder (and all of contents) is excluded from the scan.

Please let me know how you do when you continue working with QlikView Governance Dashboard.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik