Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help! First SharePoint deployment and I'm not sure what to do!

Hi,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.  We are moving a client facing portal into SharePoint and one of the features of the portal is obviously a lovely QlikView document showing the client all their data (section access is used to limit them to just their data).

We currently use a ticketing system to identify the client and check they have a valid CAL (we're using document CALs at the moment for simplicity) and are authorised to see the document and to limit the data to just what they should see through section access.

As the document is quite involved, I don't want to re-create the whole thing object by object, so there must be a simple way of adding the whole document in one go.  I've done it before with a link to Access Point, but I'm less sure how to do this for an individual document, especially when it must be suitable for external clients.

Oh yes ... and we've been properly landed in it and have to deliver this by Monday ... next week ... 🙂

Anyone got any helpful hints and tips or demos that might be useful?

Thanks,

Emma

Labels (1)
3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Emma, there is a web page viewer webpart that would allow you to include the entire document into a sharepoint app by just referencing the direct url.

Not sure about the ticketing part, how do you handle that? Are you using QV11 Web Ticketing?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We're in V10 so not sure of the proper terminology but basically when the client logs in the ticketing system identifies if they have a valid licence and creates a ticket.  The URL for their session incorporates that ticket as part of it so it's not as simple as putting in a URL because the ticket will change each time! 😞

Begining to realise that these WebParts are not as straight forward as originally suggested!

Uh-Oh!

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

And can you change the ticketing system to redirect to a particular application including the ticket?

something like

http://ticketingsystem/index.asp?application=app1

Would authenticate the user and then redirect to something like http://qlikviewserver/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=QVS@qlikviewserver%7Capp1.qvw&client=Plugi...