Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help - QlikView Server (Licence)

Hello,

I have QlikView Server installed on a server. I am changing machine and need to take this licence of QlikView Server to the other machine.
Someone could say what the best way? Is there a Trial license where I could perform tests and analyze whether this new server is running?
How do I remove the license on this machine and transfer to my new server?

Thank you very much!

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

There is a test license available--you should contact your Qliktech Account Manager to get details. To remove a license from a server, you would need to stop all services, and then delete all LEF files (including in hidden folders) and the HKLM\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Authentication registry key. To install your existing license on the new server, just enter the license key information in QMC.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I could not find this file that I have to delete. It works if I just stop the service and the License button in Control Panel and delete the license information?

Thank you for contact!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

No, that won't work--you actually need to delete the LEFs or the license would just be recreated immediately. The files should be here (paths assume a Windows 2008 server):

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\Publisher LEF\PubLef.txt
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView\Lef.txt
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Lef.txt
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Lef.txt

I think that's all of them. So stop the services, delete the files and the reg key, and restart the services.

Regards,