Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olramirez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Help license server

Hello,

i had problems with my server because a virus, it was format, and now i get in QMC in server license, write the license and this say Server failed to set license.

When i get inside Manual LEF

this say |Error (1)|NO_INFO_FOR_SERIAL_NUMBER|

How can i do to verify my number license? That was the license gave me my Qlikview provider in Mexico.

Thank you,

Olga.

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Make sure that the license number is a 16 digit number and a control number is a 5 digit number.

If you still face issue, best if to connect to the partner who gave you license, or contact Qlik support.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you get that error message from the manual LEF page, then you're probably entering an invalid or incomplete license number. The License database doesn't forget licenses. Even the old time-limited ones I got still return a LEF block after more than 7 years.

Follow Kaushik's advice. The serial number has 16 digits and in most cases starts with the ISO country code. For Mexico, that should be 52.

Important: If you copy the serial number from Excel, make sure that the final digit is the actual digit, as Excel is unable to handle more than 15 digits and usually turns the last one into a 0 (zero). That may also produce an error message like the one you posted.

Best,

Peter

olramirez
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, i think provider gave me wrong license becouse this it 16 digits and start whith 52.

I am going to talk with support qlikview thank you guys.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you've got a LEF file from the previous installation or communication with your partner, you can use the large number from the first line in the LEF. That's your correct serial number.

The LEF is just text.